Your First Visit
Preparing for Your Acupuncture Visit
Before Acupuncture Treatment
- Avoid coffee or alcohol prior to your visit
- Eat or have a snack within 2 hours of your visit
- Wear comfortable loose fitting clothing
- Please print & fill out the New Patient Forms
After Acupuncture Treatment
- Avoid strenuous or vigorous exercise
- Take a walk in green space & turn off the phone
- Increase your water intake…a lot
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine.
What to Expect on Your First Visit
Results You Should Expect From Acupuncture Care
In the West acupuncture has been extensively researched by many of our leading medical schools, and proven to be an effective evidence based system of healing. It has become an integrated part of mainstream medicine, especially for the treatment of pain.
Many people experience surprising and immediate relief soon after acupuncture. Results often depend on the severity and chronicity of the problem. Acute conditions often respond very quickly, and require fewer treatments. That being said, the sooner you seek treatment the greater your healing response. Chronic conditions can take longer due to the many compensation patterns that develop when the body has been in pain or out of balance for an extended period of time.
Once your condition stabilizes we will discuss proactive and preventive lifestyle changes. It is my desire to help you maintain health and vitality, and to reduce the risk for future injury or illness. To achieve this we explore posture exercises, yoga, nutritional support, stress management, and diet changes to assist you in achieving your long term goals.